gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Gearpump-0.8.2-incubating [RC0]
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 04:26:27 GMT
Ah - thanks Manu - yes i was looking at the nested folders. That is
incorrect and should be fixed. For excluding the scala version in the tar
file 'gearpump-0.8.2-incubating-bin.tgz' - I followed the pattern similar
to spark which doesn't do this. Although I'm noting that flink does and
kafka does. Since the latter two are more scala based projects I think I
should probably include scala in the tar names for both source and bin tar
files. For 0.8.1 source release we did not include scala version in the
name (which was probably a mistake).

To summarize, we should rerelease a RC1 (I can cancel the VOTE) with no
nested gearpump-2.11-0.8.2 in the gearpump-0.8.2-incubating-bin.tgz binary
release and both the source and binary releases should include the scala
version in their names. Manu - since kafka and flink include the scala
version in different ways (see
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kafka/0.10.1.0/ and
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/flink-1.1.3/) which
convention do you think we should use?