gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start of release 0.8.2-incubating
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 00:18:44 GMT
I've been updating the LICENSE file to include binary related licenses.
According to apache release process - binary LICENSE should differ from
source LICENSE - where source LICENSE only includes source related license
dependencies. This doesn't seem to be the case with flink - downloading
flink-1.1.3-bin-hadoop27-scala_2.11.tgz and flink-1.1.3-src.tgz from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/flink-1.1.3/ and comparing
LICENSE files shows no differences. Other apache projects like Beam,
PredictionIO have only released source thus far. I'll try flink's approach
- including a binary LICENSE for both src and bin releases and see what
happens.