gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start of release 0.8.2-incubating
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 16:18:02 GMT
Thanks Manu

For gearpump-0.8.2-incubating we're going to limit the release to resolved
bugs and provide a binary release.
The binary release may result in several RC's when we vote within the
incubator due to the more complicated dependencies tracking / auditing.
The release will include (and will be noted within release notes) the
following JIRA's

GEARPUMP-15  Define initial Apache branded home website
GEARPUMP-32  Minimum clock of source Tasks maybe inaccurate
GEARPUMP-37  Sometimes application clock is "not started" when the data
stream is very slow
GEARPUMP-48  Improve Java interoperability
GEARPUMP-171 Fix some typos
GEARPUMP-185 Yarn kills Apache Gearpump's worker if the memory usage is too
high
GEARPUMP-188 use java.time.Instant for Task start time
GEARPUMP-189 Update project/Build.scala to enable publishing releases to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
releases/org/apache/gearpump/
GEARPUMP-197 Busy loop in FetchThread when incoming queue is full
GEARPUMP-201 integration test failure
GEARPUMP-203 Use DataSourceTask / DataSinkTask for DSL
GEARPUMP-205 remove hdfs dependency from command gear's classpath
GEARPUMP-207 remove hadoop dependency out of application path from dashboard
GEARPUMP-208 Demo site goes down a lot. Also references gearpump.io when
connection is refused
GEARPUMP-212 Make Gearpump's shaded artifacts publishable
GEARPUMP-215 Gearpump Redis Integration - RedisStorage
GEARPUMP-222 DFSJarStore is loaded even when local file path is configured
GEARPUMP-224 Merge gearpump-daemon to gearpump-core
GEARPUMP-225 move partitioner from gearpump-core to module
gearpump-streaming
GEARPUMP-226 run 'sbt clean assembly' failed
GEARPUMP-227 remove unneeded license files
GEARPUMP-231 error when build package

The open bugs targeted for 0.8.2 will be pushed to 0.8.3. In particular the
akka-streams integration has a dependency on
https://github.com/akka/akka/pull/21688 which will be included in
akka-2.4.13. Gearpump-0.8.3-incubating will therefore more to a recent akka
2.4.X release.
More details following our release of gearpump-0.8.2-incubating.

Thanks
Kam