gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Shepherd for this month
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 02:16:16 GMT
Hi,

I’ve been assigned as a shepherd and was talking a look at your web site and noticed a couple
of minor things you might want to do something about before graduation. Of course I don’t
know much about the history of this project and these may already been looked into or already
being dealt with somewhere, so apologies if I bring up anything that is known or anything
that I’m mistaken about.

Looking at the website I think it could do with a little more branding [1] and make it clearer
that this is an incubating site.[2] There seems to be two websites which may be adding to
the confusion here [3][4]. I notice [4] is better re branding/disclaimer etc etc but [3] comes
up a google search first.

The download link on [5] is not using the mirror scripts [6]. The download page here [7] includes
a binary that is hosted outside of apache [8][10]

Perhaps a redirect from the old site to the new is in order as that would fix most of the
above?

I also noticed an unanswered question re releases that your mentors could help with [9], but
it seems (from what I can see from brief look) you only have one currently active mentor.
Is this correct? Idk so do you think you may need to add an additional mentors or prompt existing
mentors to see if they still have time to mentor?

Thanks,
Justin

PS I’m not subscribed to this list so please CC me on any replies.

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
2. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers
3. http://www.gearpump.io/overview.html
4. http://gearpump.incubator.apache.org/overview.html