gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Gearpump-0.8.1-incubating [RC0]
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 01:41:38 GMT
This is the Apache policy on source file licensing boilerplate: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Source files must include the text but there's no specification of positioning of the text
in the file. I'm curious what the RAT tool will do when you move it. Quite possibly it will
be all good.

It sounds like you have a broken build. I'd cancel this vote, make a RC1, start a new vote
on that immediately. No need to wait I'd say.

Cancelling a vote is common practice: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

"Generally the community will cancel the release vote if anyone identifies serious problems,
but in most cases the ultimate decision, lies with the individual serving as release manager."

Send out a cancellation notice using the same subject as the VOTE thread with a prepended
"[CANCEL]"

> On Jul 2, 2016, at 4:54 PM, Kam Kasravi <kamkasravi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The license insert into angular templates broke the dashboard which Manu discovered.
>
> Andy - 2 questions
> 1. Can we insert the license as an html element within the first element (angular templates
require a single html root element)?
> 2. Should we reject this build to address other possible issues above (also caused by
rat tool license inserts I believe) and go to RC1 instead of waiting until next Thursday?