gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject JIRA SPAM - do not grant the group 'jira-users' to any role
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 00:47:17 GMT
The GEARPUMP JIRA instance suffered a bit of spam today because the group
'jira-users' was assigned to the Contributor role. I have removed it.
Kindly do not add it back, nor to any role with even greater privilege.

Apache Infrastructure is working on a long term solution to our JIRA spam
problems. In the meantime we have a few options:
- If a new contributor submits a PR, I believe a JIRA will be opened. This
can be tested. (I'm not sure.)
- If a new contributor wants to create a ticket or have an existing one
assigned to them, they can mail dev@gearpump and ask. They should first
sign up for a JIRA account. Then someone on the project should add their
specific JIRA id to the Contributors group.

I have deleted the spam issues.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy