gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From "Xu, Qian" <sx.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Podling status report - draft v1
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 09:58:02 GMT
+1 for the proposal.

And regarding to grow up an active community, I'm strongly agree with
having a *well designed code convention*, so that the code will be very
easy to read and maintain. and also remove existing tricky code.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Sean Zhong <clockfly@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > computation system.
> > >
> > >   - Apache Beam is an open source, unified model and set of
> > > language-specific SDKs for defining data processing workflows that may
> > then
> > > be executed on top of a set of supported runners
> > >
> > >   2. Focus on use cases that leverage akka strengths (location
> > > transparency, remoting, code provisioning, dynamic deployment)
> > >   3. Target areas within apache ecosystem where gearpump can provide
> > > significant value.
> > >    - Many real time data processing engines are exploring reusable
> > > pipelines including spark (ml pipelines), akka-streams (blueprints)
> > >    - Other real time data processing engines are targeting a common
> data
> > > model DSL which allows different execution engines (apache beam and
> > > 'runners')

> > >     On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:51 AM, Kam Kasravi
> > > <kamkasravi@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
> > >

> > >  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
> > >
> > >   1. Develop a tag line that describes gearpump. For example others
> > >   - Apache Flink is an open source platform for distributed stream and
> > > batch data processing
> > >
> > >   - Apache Spark™ is a fast and general engine for large-scale data
> > > processing
> > >
> > >   - Apache Storm is a free and open source distributed realtime
> > > computation system.
> > >
> > >   - Apache Beam is an open source, unified model and set of
> > > language-specific SDKs for defining data processing workflows that may
> > then
> > > be executed on top of a set of supported runners
> > >

> > >   2. Focus on use cases that leverage akka strengths (location
> > > transparency, remoting, code provisioning, dynamic deployment)
> > >   3. Target areas within apache ecosystem where gearpump can provide
> > > significant value.
> > >

> > >     On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:06 AM, Weihua Jiang <
> whjiang@outlook.com
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > >  I agree with Sean and Vincent.
> > >
> > > To graduate, we need to create a healthy community. To me, a healthy
> > > community has:
> > > 1. Enough contributors who actively contribute to this project.
> > > 2. Enough users who actively using this project in their environment.
> And
> > > they are willing to interact with community for issues and features.
> > Their
> > > requests can be handled in a timely way.
> > >
> > > So, to me, pre-conditions to graduation shall include:
> > > 1. Fully follow Apache project best practices. That is, doc style,
> > > process, releases etc. And it is better to have 2 or more releases
> before
> > > graduation to get everyone familiar with the new process.
> > > 2. Code quality. It is better if we can meet certain code quality
> metrics
> > > before graduation and integrated in Apache infrastructure. E.g. Code
> > > coverage, auto-checkin test, etc.
> > > 3. Contributor friendly as Sean mentioned.

Gearpumpers?

> > > coming

What do you
> > think
> > > are
> > graduation?

Board
> wish/need
> > > to be

> > > including a
Foundation.
> We
> > > are
> > perform
> > > the

Apache

--
Qian Xu (Stanley)

This e-mail may contain confidential material for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is strictly
sender and delete all copies.