gearpump-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Zhong <clock...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling status report - draft v1
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:14:42 GMT
Here is my thoughts about pre-condition for graduation:

1. We should setup the environment to reduce the challenges for new
contributors to make contribution. Currently, it is not very easy for new
developer to make contribution, we need a environment like this:
   a. Document clearly on contribution process so that new developer know
exactly how to submit an issue, a PR, and ...
   b. Better and more documents to walk new developers through to help them
better understand Gearpump without spending too many time on source code.
   c. Clearly identity the scenarios that Gearpump works best, and why
Gearpump is good at this.
   d. Have a clear document on the milestone, and the timeline, so that the
community can form a consensus on what is coming next.
   e. Gradually form a convention of SLA for issues and questions. The
committers need to take ownership so that all issues and questions are
taken care in a timely manner.
   f. Move project discussions offline to online, and publish them on the
mail list.

The goal is to serve new contributors best so that they feel it is easy to
get started, and be comfortable in the community.

2. More examination and adoption on various use cases by different
companies. We need more examinations in real production clusters of huge
size, and having complex network environment.

3. A busy and noisy user community and developer community.