forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Adding site documentation to project
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 02:27:15 GMT
lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi all,
> As a project, we are wanting to ship core documentation with the software
> distribution. Currently the Nutch site documentation can be found here [1],
> however we would like to start shipping it with our branch-1.4 [2] under a
> new /docs directory.
> I know this is rather trivial and that there must be documentation on it
> somewhere but I have not been able to get my hands on it from the Forrest
> site yet!
> Thanks for any pointers.
> [1]
> [2]

I gather that you mean the "generated" relevant docs for that version.

You could use the "Forrestbot" as we do for our Forrest project docs.
How to deploy documentation with the Forrestbot "svn" workstage

In our case we deploy our generated documentation to SVN forrest/site
which gets 'svn up' on to publish our website.

The Nutch project could do that too for your website docs.

Then have another "Forrestbot buildfile" which deploys the relevant
docs to SVN nutch/branches/branch-1.4

View raw message