forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: Direct Only Navigation To Forrest Site Page
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 18:53:33 GMT
  Hello Bryce,

Am 02.10.10 18:41, schrieb Bryce Alcock:
> I am looking for a way to create page in forrest that
> is NOT on any of the menus.
> The basic requirements is that I want to create a page that you can
> get to _ONLY_ from direct navigation.
> There will be no links to it in any of the menus or navigation bars.
> However I want the page to contain all the existing site menus an
> tabs.  I want the page to be skinned/branded as all the other pages.
I wrote a skin to do that some time ago. It will allow you to set an
attribute in the pages reference in site.xml that makes the  page

That way the page will only show on the menu when it is open (which
makes sense because by highlighting a menu-item Forrest indicates the
context of the current page).

Whenever a different page is open there is no item for this page showing
on any menu.

The skin is called "scales" because it allows you to build large sites
without getting huge page overheads.
It's included in head. The example site has an example for the hiding
but you need to load scales for it to work.

View raw message