forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: validate error when I run the forrest command
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 00:59:38 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Trasca Virgil wrote:
> >
> > I just remembered it is because I have java1.6 and forrest has a problem with it.
On java 1.5 is working.
> See
>  "validate-sitemap target fails relaxng validation on some JDK 1.6: missing datatypes"

So trying to say that the issue is fixed in Forrest trunk SVN.

For released versions, you have two options:

1) Follow the workaround described in that issue to switch
off that sitemap validation task.

2) Follow the "Subversion Commits" tab of that JIRA to see how
to upgrade Jing.

This "validate sitemap" task doesn't really do much anyway.
Its main purpose is to demonstrate the power of using Jing
to do xml validation during the build phase. There are other
better demonstrations of that.

View raw message