forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ionut Scutaru <>
Subject Re: problem with incorrect tab selection
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:32:59 GMT
I think I found the problem in this post:

*"So (to my knowledge) _all_ files referenced within a menu element in
site.xml have to be in the same directory or also you will loose context
when opening that file in a different directory."*

Well.. in my site.xml, the "site:designPatterns" actually points to a file
outside the "project/architecture/" folder and this means the context is
lost when that link is clicked.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Ionut Scutaru <>wrote:

> Hi,
> Our project has it's documentation site generated with Apache Forrest
> (v0.6). The site is up and running and in general everything is working
> fine. However.. there is a slight problem that was noticed and I don't know
> if this is a bug or something that we configured wrong in the xml files.
> The issue is that, for some links, the currently selected tab is moved back
> to the first one but the contents of the page remains correct. Practically,
> the Design page is shown correctly, but not under the "Architecture" tab, as
> it should, but under the "Release Notes" tab.
> I tried to figure out what's different for those links compared with the
> ones that work correctly and I noticed something:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <site xmlns="" label="Proj" href=""
> tab="releasenotes">
>     <releaseInformation label="Release Information"
> href="project/release_documentation/" tab="releasenotes">
>         <releaseOverview label="Welcome" href="index.html"/>
>     </releaseInformation>
>     <architecture label="Overview" href="project/architecture/"
> tab="architecture">
>         <arcOverview label="Architecture Overview" href="index.html"/>
>         <arcDesign label="Design Patters" href="site:designPatterns"/>
>     </architecture>
>     <designPatterns href="general/documentation/designPatterns.html"/>
> </site>
> The structure of the folders is as follows:
>     <parentFolder>
>         project\release_documentation\
>         project\architecture\
>         general\documentation\
> When I click on the "Design Patterns" link I'm taken to the right page, but
> the Architecture tab do not remain selected, but instead the "Release Notes"
> tab gets active.
> It seems to me there is a problem with the indirect linking, but I can't
> pinpoint it..
> Thank you,
> Ionut

View raw message