forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thomas Witteriede <tho...@witteriede.eu>
Subject Re: Unable to build xml-commons website with Forrest 0.7
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:51:43 GMT
Hi,
do you have any special requirements so that you are using Forrest 0.7?
The current stable release (to my knowledge) is 0.8, if it is not 0.9
already. Have a go with 0.8 and if you are using Windows, it might be
worth a try to use an older Java version (1.5_xx) instead of a current
one (works for me).
The web page you quoted seems ancient, go to
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/your-project.html#installing for a
more current doc on installing and using Forrest.

Best regards
Thomas


Michael Glavassevich schrieb:
>
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a long time since I've tried building the XML Commons
> website and I'm not sure how to get past this. I tried to build the
> site with a fresh install of Forrest 0.7 (recommended in the build
> instructions on the XML Commons website [1]) but had no luck. Hoping
> someone who uses Forrest more often would have an idea what's going on
> here.
>
> Here's the log from the build failure:
>
> Static site will be generated at:
> D:\eclipse3.4.1\workspace\xml-commons-trunk\build\site
>
> Note that there are various reasons for "build failed" messages.
> * Cocoon will report the status of each document:
>   - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
> * Even if only one link is broken, you will still get "failed".
> * Your site would still be generated, but some pages would be broken.
> * Please check the file:
> D:\eclipse3.4.1\workspace\xml-commons-trunk\build\tmp\brokenlinks.xml
> for any broken links in the generated site.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Lazy mode: true
> Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
> Lazy mode: true
> Lazy mode: true
> Lazy mode: true
> Lazy mode: true
> Lazy mode: true
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Error while cr
> eating node 'select' at
> file:/D:/apache-forrest-0.7/build/plugins/org.apache.for
> rest.plugin.output.pdf/output.xmap:28:35
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> deBuilder.buildChildNodesList(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:128)
> * [1/0]     [0/0]     0.375s 0b      linkmap.html
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> deBuilder.buildChildNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:136)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNodeBuilder.b
> uildNode(MatchNodeBuilder.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNodeBuilde
> r.buildNode(PipelineNodeBuilder.java:113)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNodeBuild
> er.buildNode(PipelinesNodeBuilder.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapNodeBuilder
> .buildNode(SitemapNodeBuilder.java:70)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.createT
> ree(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:296)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(D
> efaultTreeBuilder.java:381)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.buildConcret
> eProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:401)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupConcret
> eProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:348)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(Tree
> Processor.java:247)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(M
> ountNode.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNode.invoke(
> SelectNode.java:82)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invok
> e(PipelineNode.java:138)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invo
> ke(PipelinesNode.java:95)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.proc
> ess(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:203)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.proc
> ess(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:149)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(Tree
> Processor.java:248)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(M
> ountNode.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNode.invoke(
> SelectNode.java:82)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invok
> e(PipelineNode.java:138)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invo
> ke(PipelinesNode.java:95)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.proc
> ess(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:203)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.proc
> ess(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:149)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(Tree
> Processor.java:248)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:503)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.getPage(CocoonWrapper.java:456)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.processTarget(CocoonBean.java:501)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.process(CocoonBean.java:362)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:321)
> Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.PatternException: Cannot get
> module named '
> lm' in expression '{lm:project.{1}{2}.pdf}'
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariable
> Resolver.getNewModuleToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:142)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariable
> Resolver.access$500(PreparedVariableResolver.java:41)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariable
> Resolver$1.addToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.VariableExpressi
> onTokenizer.tokenize(VariableExpressionTokenizer.java:95)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariable
> Resolver.<init>(PreparedVariableResolver.java:69)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.VariableResolver
> Factory.getResolver(VariableResolverFactory.java:104)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNodeBuilder.
> buildNode(SelectNodeBuilder.java:59)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
> deBuilder.buildChildNodesList(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:121)
>         ... 35 more
> Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Could
> not find
> component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(CoreServic
> eManager.java:364)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.core.container.DefaultServiceSelector.select(Defaul
> tServiceSelector.java:138)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariable
> Resolver.getNewModuleToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:140)
> X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN: URI
> not found: E
> rror while creating node 'select' at
> file:/D:/apache-forrest-0.7/build/plugins/o
> rg.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/output.xmap:28:35
>         ... 42 more
> Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream.
> Total time: 0 minutes 1 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 1
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://xml.apache.org/commons/howto-forrest.html
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org
>

-- 
Thomas Witteriede
Dipl.-Fach├╝bersetzer Technik
Technischer Redakteur (tekom)



Mime
View raw message