forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Unable to build xml-commons website with Forrest 0.7
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:19:30 GMT
Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > One workaround to get the release published would be to disable
> > the "PDF" production:
> > In src/documentation/skinconf.xml disable-pdf-link = true
> > In project.required.plugins remove pdf plugin
> Thanks, that worked well enough to get the pages I wanted generated, but it
> still didn't complete cleanly:
> "Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream.
> Total time: 0 minutes 20 seconds,  Site size: 230,302 Site pages: 38
> D:\apache-forrest-0.7\main\targets\site.xml:41: Java returned: 1"
> I'm not going to worry about that though.

Yes it is a strange message with forrest-0.7 that is ignorable.

> I'm just trying to build an existing site (that I didn't develop aside from
> adding a little bit of content). I'm not sure what requirements it has, but
> I tried 0.8 first and it also didn't work. I vaguely remember the last time
> around having to pick up a dev version of 0.7 and applying at least one
> patch to it from SVN. Given that I couldn't get it to build cleanly with
> 0.7 or 0.8 I have suspicion that the XML Commons site is locked into some
> unreleased in-development version of Forrest (0.7?) and won't build
> normally without that. At least I got the pages I needed after turning PDF
> generation off.

That is not what i recall.

At the time, 0.7 was the current release of Forrest.
The XML Commons project has not updated to Forrest-0.8 yet.
So the Commons documentation still says that 0.7 is the
agreed version in use.

The reason is as Tim described in another message today.
See my later reply there.

View raw message