forrest-user mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Internal Server Error:Cannot find a matching 2-argument function
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:38:01 GMT
On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 03:44:30PM +0900, Dr. Praveen Bhatia wrote:
> Hello,
>    Further information that I could gather on this error is as follows:
>    The file:
> skins/common/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl has the following on line 381
> <xsl:variable name="year" select="java:format($formatter, $date)"/>
>
> The java: namespace has earlier been defined in the same stylesheet as
> below:
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>   xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
> exclude-result-prefixes="java">
>
> So the reported error seems to be that the classes for the
> java:format($formatter, $date) are not locatable/ not included.
>
> Which classes/jar file in forrest/cocoon has these function
> extensions?

XSLT extensions are handled by the XSLT processor, Xalan, which is in
lib/endorsed/xalan-x.y.z.jar. I think there is an issue about the war
target not copying all the necessary libraries. If I recall correctly,
the workaround is to copy Xalan from $FORREST/lib/endorsed to
$TOMCAT/shared/lib. I can test this later, but I don't have Tomcat
configured at the moment.

Brian