forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Bhatia Praveen" <>
Subject Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:40:39 GMT
Hi Sjur/Ross,
   I am using version 0.8 version of forrest.
   I changed the output.xmap in the installation of forrest 0.8 ie

This means that when I change computers/forrest versions, the application
again doesnt work unless I remember to go and chande the installation
plugins file.
So I am looking for a general way (for example in user's sitemap.xmap) where
this setting could be done with properties and so application could move
accross computers/higher versions.

 In earlier version of Forrest it could be done by editing the fo2pdf
pipeline in the sitemap.xmap of the user.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <>
To: <>; "Dr. Bhatia Praveen"
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path

2009/3/9 Dr. Bhatia Praveen <>:
> Hello,
> I am setting the userconfig.xml file in the output.xmap file in
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
> I have done it naively as thus which works but is locked to a specific
> path
> C:\user\workspace.......:
> <map:components>
> <map:serializers default="fo2pdf">
> <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
> mime-type="application/pdf">
> <!-- PB Added this for fonts like msgothic-->
> <user-config>C:\user\workspace\forrest\src\main\common/userconfig.xml</user-config>
> <!-- PB ended font addition -->
> </map:serializer>
> </map:serializers>
> </map:components>
> =======
> It works. However, is there a neat way to use properties to write a path
> above so that the path is relative to the forrest workspace?
> I tried things like {properties:xdocs} but couldnt make it work....

You are using 0.9 right?

If so there is a new properties system, unfortunately it is not well
documented but you can see notes in

In particular the sub issue links to the thread which tells you
how to do this in a scalable way.

As ever, pulling that out into a patch for our documentation would be
really helpful (don't worry about perfect, anything that is not hidded
in the issue tracker is an improvement).

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education

Checked by AVG -