forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Bhatia Praveen" <praveen.bha...@sumpurn.com>
Subject Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:40:39 GMT
Hi Sjur/Ross,
   I am using version 0.8 version of forrest.
   I changed the output.xmap in the installation of forrest 0.8 ie
C:\user\Installation\forrest\apache-forrest-0.8\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf

This means that when I change computers/forrest versions, the application
again doesnt work unless I remember to go and chande the installation
plugins file.
So I am looking for a general way (for example in user's sitemap.xmap) where
this setting could be done with properties and so application could move
accross computers/higher versions.

 In earlier version of Forrest it could be done by editing the fo2pdf
pipeline in the sitemap.xmap of the user.

Thanks
Praveen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
To: <user@forrest.apache.org>; "Dr. Bhatia Praveen"
<praveen.bhatia@sumpurn.com>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path

2009/3/9 Dr. Bhatia Praveen <praveen.bhatia@sumpurn.com>:
> Hello,
> I am setting the userconfig.xml file in the output.xmap file in
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>
> I have done it naively as thus which works but is locked to a specific
> path
> C:\user\workspace.......:
>
> <map:components>
> <map:serializers default="fo2pdf">
> <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
> mime-type="application/pdf">
> <!-- PB Added this for fonts like msgothic-->
> <user-config>C:\user\workspace\forrest\src\main\common/userconfig.xml</user-config>
> <!-- PB ended font addition -->
> </map:serializer>
> </map:serializers>
> </map:components>
>
> =======
> It works. However, is there a neat way to use properties to write a path
> above so that the path is relative to the forrest workspace?
> I tried things like {properties:xdocs} but couldnt make it work....

You are using 0.9 right?

If so there is a new properties system, unfortunately it is not well
documented but you can see notes in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-588

In particular the sub issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-734 links to the thread
http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=114170683324461&w=2 which tells you
how to do this in a scalable way.

As ever, pulling that out into a patch for our documentation would be
really helpful (don't worry about perfect, anything that is not hidded
in the issue tracker is an improvement).

Ross

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk