forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:26:07 GMT
2009/3/9 Dr. Bhatia Praveen <>:
> Hello,
>  I am setting the userconfig.xml file in the output.xmap file in
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>  I have done it naively as thus which works but is locked to a specific path
> C:\user\workspace.......:
>  <map:components>
>   <map:serializers default="fo2pdf">
>     <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
>               src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
>               mime-type="application/pdf">
>  <!-- PB Added this for fonts like msgothic-->
>  <user-config>C:\user\workspace\forrest\src\main\common/userconfig.xml</user-config>
>  <!-- PB ended font addition -->
>  </map:serializer>
>   </map:serializers>
>  </map:components>
> =======
> It works. However, is there a neat way to use properties to write a path
> above so that the path is relative to the forrest workspace?
> I tried things like {properties:xdocs} but couldnt make it work....

You are using 0.9 right?

If so there is a new properties system, unfortunately it is not well
documented but you can see notes in

In particular the sub issue links to the thread which tells you
how to do this in a scalable way.

As ever, pulling that out into a patch for our documentation would be
really helpful (don't worry about perfect, anything that is not hidded
in the issue tracker is an improvement).

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education

View raw message