forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:26:07 GMT
2009/3/9 Dr. Bhatia Praveen <praveen.bhatia@sumpurn.com>:
> Hello,
>  I am setting the userconfig.xml file in the output.xmap file in
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>
>  I have done it naively as thus which works but is locked to a specific path
> C:\user\workspace.......:
>
>  <map:components>
>   <map:serializers default="fo2pdf">
>     <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
>               src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
>               mime-type="application/pdf">
>  <!-- PB Added this for fonts like msgothic-->
>  <user-config>C:\user\workspace\forrest\src\main\common/userconfig.xml</user-config>
>  <!-- PB ended font addition -->
>  </map:serializer>
>   </map:serializers>
>  </map:components>
>
> =======
> It works. However, is there a neat way to use properties to write a path
> above so that the path is relative to the forrest workspace?
> I tried things like {properties:xdocs} but couldnt make it work....

You are using 0.9 right?

If so there is a new properties system, unfortunately it is not well
documented but you can see notes in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-588

In particular the sub issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-734 links to the thread
http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=114170683324461&w=2 which tells you
how to do this in a scalable way.

As ever, pulling that out into a patch for our documentation would be
really helpful (don't worry about perfect, anything that is not hidded
in the issue tracker is an improvement).

Ross

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk