forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: write a file in forrest via sitemap
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:59:05 GMT
2009/3/3 Gavin <gavin@16degrees.com.au>:
> [...]

I would add a word of caution that this is not what Forrest is
designed to do. It is a publishing framework, not a content management
framework. For very simple and specific use cases it is possible to
make Forrest behave as a CMS framework (see my other reply). However,
if you find youself needing this I would encourage you to ask yourself
if you are using the right tool.

Forrest excels at translating formats. If you need to manage content
you should us a CMS and run Forrest as a service to tranlsate formats
for your CMS layer.

Ross