forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: setting userconfig.xml file in output.xmap in a relative path
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:54:36 GMT
Den 9. mar. 2009 kl. 13.40 skrev Dr. Bhatia Praveen:

> Hi Sjur/Ross,
>  I am using version 0.8 version of forrest.

Ok. I would recommend you to update to the svn trunk version of
Forrest to get proper configurability of the pdf output plugin in
Forrest.

>  I changed the output.xmap in the installation of forrest 0.8 ie
> C:\user\Installation\forrest\apache-forrest-0.8\plugins
> \org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>
> This means that when I change computers/forrest versions, the
> application again doesnt work unless I remember to go and chande the
> installation plugins file.

Yes, this is the problem targeted in the work on the pdf plugin lately.

> So I am looking for a general way (for example in user's
> sitemap.xmap) where this setting could be done with properties and
> so application could move accross computers/higher versions.

In the current svn trunk version of Forrest (0.9-dev), this is solved.
As Ross pointed out, the new ways of configuring the pdf output isn't
very well documented, but the information is available in the mail
archive.

Also, the current trunk uses a much improved FOP version, which in
itself has made user configurations easier.

> In earlier version of Forrest it could be done by editing the fo2pdf
> pipeline in the sitemap.xmap of the user.

This is not supported anymore, but using the Locationmap feature, it
is easy to override specific processing steps as part of the user
configuration.

What kind of changes would you like to have?

Best regards,
Sjur