forrest-user mailing list archives

From Heather Phipps <hmphi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error when generating pdf from docbook
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:25:37 GMT
I *thought* I had tried this before, with the same result, but
apparently not because this time it worked.  Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Sina K. Heshmati <sina@khakbaz.com> wrote:
> "Heather Phipps" wrote:
>
>> I set up the basic site that comes with Apache Forrest.  The only
>> changes I made were to add the docbook dtd (v4.4) and add the docbook
>> stylesheets from sourceforge, add a simple docbook file to the samples
with
>> a reference in the site.xml file, and added the appropriate sections
>> to the sitemap.xmap file:
>>
>>     <sourcetype name="docbook-v4.4">
>>      <document-declaration public-id="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"/>
>>     </sourcetype>
>>
>> and
>>
>>    <map:match pattern="**.xml">
>>     <map:act type="sourcetype" src="{properties:content.xdocs}{1}.xml">
>>      <map:select type="parameter">
>>       <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{sourcetype}"/>
>>       <map:when test="docbook-v4.4">
>>        <map:generate src="{properties:content.xdocs}{../1}.xml"/>
>>        <map:transform
>>           src="{properties:resources.stylesheets}/docbook-xsl-1.74.3-pre
>> 2/html/docbook.xsl"/>
>>        <map:transform src="{forrest:forrest.stylesheets}/html-to-document.xsl"/>
>>        <map:transform type="idgen"/>
>>        <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
>>       </map:when>
>>      </map:select>
>>     </map:act>
>>    </map:match>
>>
>> When I run the "forrest" command, the site builds as expected except
>> for the pdf file to the docbook file.  The html page is generated
>> without a problem, and the site.xml item is added to the menu.  The
>> following is the error that is displayed when Forrest tries to render
>> it:
>>
>> BROKEN: internal-destination or external-destination must be specified
>> in basic-link
>>
>> I put some good effort into figuring it out, but have not had any
>> luck.  I am still very new to Forrest (and Cocoon), so I haven't done
>> any "advanced" debugging.  I'm hoping it's something simple.  Any
>> ideas?
>>

> You can use Docbook XSL-FO stylesheets to generate an FO file, just like you did for
generating HTML, except that you'd have to process your XML source with ${DOCBOOK_XSL}/fo/docbook.xsl.
The FO output should then be formatted using an FO processor e.g. FOP to generate PDF.