forrest-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Alternate Search Provider
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:06:57 GMT
Hi,

 From what I can tell, I have a choice between Google and an internal
Lucene search provider.  I am wondering how I can add in an
alternative search implementation?  It need only submit the query to a
URL and then redirect to the provider's site much like the Google
search provider does.  For example, what if I wanted to have a Yahoo
provider for search, or maybe MSN or something else?  Pointers at
documentation would be fine, otherwise some details on what to do
would be great.  I'm a long time user of Forrest in terms of the
basics, but don't have much deeper knowledge beyond the standard build/
test cycle for static website deployment.

Also, I'd like to be able to do this without having to customize
Forrest itself, but am willing to create a new skin.

I am using 0.8.

Thanks,
Grant