forrest-user mailing list archives

From ARobert <>
Subject Re: Forrest news
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:05:30 GMT

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I will try to get involved in this project ... If I find time to ...

I would like to tell (with my poor english speaking) that Forrest is a very
good project. But as a good forrest user I would like to add this

In my opinion :
- Forrest web site is bad structured, it's hard to find information in
- Forrest web site is not really "beautiful", it would be fine to find a
Forrest icone (Hope I'm not offending someone) and to work on Forrest CSS
(Since it's quite easy with the generated Forrest HTML code)
- The news page seems died.
- It's hard to find the Jira or Nabble page on Google.
- It's hard to find support on google.
- I always find information about forrest 0.7 whereas i'm looking for 0.8 :(

And I would really love this project when forrest has its own Forrest
eclipse editor... Is that a current project ?

I hope i didn't offend something, it seems to me that this modification
aren't so much difficul (except for eclipse editor) and it would be good for
Forrest Project public image :)

Waiting for your answers ...

David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Tibetoine wrote:
>> >
>> >I have been watching the Apache Forrest web site for a couple of days,
>> and
>> >I was wandering if this project was still in dev ?
>> It is still in development, however development is slow. All development
>> activity happens on the developer list. you can see recent activity at
>> [1]
> And [1.5] an overall summary which shows the svn list too.
> Tibetoine was probably referring to such web pages
> as and the linked
> "events" page. We really should keep those things
> more up-to-date. Perhaps we could automatically
> generate a summary of the important changes since
> the last release.
> Other ways to keep abreast:
> - Changes [4]
> - Quarterly reports to ASF Board [5]
> -David
>> >What's more I would like to know if it was possible to help for this
>> >project?
>> We are always as welcoming as possible to new blood. If you care to join
>> us on the developer list [2] we'll be happy to help you get settled in.
>> you might want to start by looking at our introductory developer docs,
>> e.g. [3] - however, don't be afraid to ask for more guidance on the dev
>> list - we're a friendly bunch ;-)
>> Ross
>> [1]
> [1.5]
>> [2]
>> [3]
> [4]
> [5]

Sent from the Apache Forrest - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message