forrest-user mailing list archives

From Tibetoine <>
Subject Re: PDF not working correctly in deployed WAR file on Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:20:13 GMT

Hi all,

I have exacty the same issue ...

I'm using forrest 0.8.
My site is in a webapp runing on Tomcat 6.0.18 with Java 1.6

I tried with PNG --> My images aren't displayed on PDF
I tried with JPG --> My images aren't displayed on PDF

My links to images are relatives (e.g: src="../resources/anImage.jpg")

And when i look in my .fo i have :

This external-graphic FO link doesn't seem correct.

And when I take a look to the "document-to-fo.xsl" which is in my specific
skin folder i see that :

<xsl:variable name="imgpath">
<!-- resources image dir -->
          <xsl:when test="starts-with(string(@src),'images/')">
          <xsl:when test="contains(string(@src),'/images/')">
<!-- already absolute -->
          <xsl:when test="contains(string(@src),':') or
            <xsl:value-of select="@src"/>
<!-- relative to document -->
            <xsl:value-of select="concat($xmlbasedir,@src)"/>
      <fo:external-graphic src="{$imgpath}">

And I can't figure where xmlbasedir is set ?!

So I guess xmlbasedir is wrong when runing in webapp mode ?!