forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Poetzsch-Heffter <davidpoetz...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: IDs in How-to FAQ - no anchors in HTML documents?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:31:54 GMT
Hi.

Well, actually I didn't look at all of these documents you gave me.
But I viewed the two stylesheets

faq-to-document.xsl   and   howto-to-document.xsl

I found out that the parts dealing with the faq-tags differ.
I actually don't understand why they differ so much, but probably this
has reasons I cannot understand because I don't know so much about the
internals of the project.
Well, I focused on my problem, and somehow fixed it I think (at least
for my purposes).
In faq-to document.xsl it sais:

<xsl:template match="faq">
  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="generate-id"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <section id="{$id}">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="question"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="answer"/>
  </section>
</xsl:template>

and

<xsl:template name="generate-id">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="@id">
      <xsl:value-of select="@id"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:value-of select="concat(concat(local-name(.), '-'),
generate-id(.))"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

while in the howto-to-documents.xsl the same element 'faq' is treated
differently:

<xsl:template match="faq">
  <section>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="question"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="answer"/>
  </section>
</xsl:template>

and no id-generator is available.

I tried copying the parts from the faq-to-document.xsl and now it works
just fine for me. The correct IDs are generated.

Greetings,

david.