forrest-user mailing list archives

From david <davidpoetz...@gmx.net>
Subject IDs in How-to FAQ - no anchors in HTML documents?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 18:55:51 GMT
Hello!

I experienced another problem in my forrest project.

I wrote a short how to using the How-To DTD. Like in the sample page I
used a faqs item for the FAQ.
I created the following sample document to show the problem:

<!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v20.dtd">
<howto>
  <header>
    <title>Sample</title>
    <last-modified-content-date date="2008-10-12" />
  </header>

  <steps title="The Steps">
  </steps>

	<faqs>
		<faq id="entry">
			<question>The question</question>
			<answer>And the answer</answer>
		</faq>
  </faqs>

</howto>

My problem is that no HTML-anchor is created for the FAQ entry. I mean
normally when I write a FAQ page without the surrounding how to such an
anchor will be created, it looks something like:

<a name="entry"></a>

Well, when using the FAQ in a how to document no anchor with my defined ID seems
to be created. Instead I find the following:

<a name="1+The+question"></a>

Did I do something wrong? And if not, is there possibly a reason why the behavior
of forrest seems to change when using faqs in a howto?

Thanks a lot,

david.