forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can i run Forrest with Java 1.6?
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:31:31 GMT
Markus Kramer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i have a question to Apache Forrest ;)
>
> i have Java 1.6 and had read, that forrest only runs with java 1.4?

Where did you read that. I seem to recall that the 0.8 release was fully
tested on java 1.5.

> Or can anybody tell me, how i can run forrest under java 1.6?

I use SVN head, before we recently changed Cocoon versions it ran fine
on JDK 1.6. I'm not sure about the current head as it has a bug on
Windows which is probably not related to JDK 1.6

However, Forrest does not *officially* support JDK 1.6 so your mileage
may vary (there are some reports of problems in the archives)

Ross