forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap does not work with dispatcher
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:32:26 GMT
Pablo Barrera wrote:
> On 11/09/2008, at 8:13:07, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> The Dispatcher is in development and issues with its
>>> use should be discussed on the "dev" mailing list.
>>> Most developers will have read your message here
>>> so you can just refer to it.
>>
>> IMO it is not a dispatcher problem at all.
>>
>> However besides the wiki the other plugins used are in the whiteboard so
>> definitely a dev topic.
>

> Thanks. I think your are right. Using yours tips I have been looking
> around a little bit more to the communication between the wiki server
> and the forrest instance. It seems the problem is there. With a new
> local installation of moinmoin in my computer everything is working
> smooth. My guess is I am being banned from the moinmoin wiki server and
> it refuses to provide the correct page. I have spend hours trying to
> figure out this, because the server always answer correctly to my while
> I was connecting to it directly. I will look on this further.

This highlights a useful process in debugging that us devs take for
granted (I don't think we have ever actually documented it - we'd
welcome a patch to the debugging section in our FAQ).

When you find an unexpected problem, the first thing to do is to request

http://foo.org/bar.xml

This should return the internal XML format and allows one to narrow down
the problem to either the input or output stages, i.e. if it  doesn't
return the XDoc document then it's a problem in the input stage, if it
does then the problem is in the output stage.

We'll give other hints out as people ask for them ;-)

Ross