forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Using plugins in local dir
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:31:47 GMT
Den 22. sep. 2008 kl. 11.02 skrev Pablo Barrera:

> On 19/09/2008, at 21:24:11, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Do you really want to fork this code? That gives you the
>> maintenance headache of managing it in the future. Much better
>> would be to propose your modification as a contribution to the
>> Forrest project where any future changes to the plugin will be done
>> in a way that will not break your own modifications.
>>

> I am totally agree. But right now the plugin is not finished and in
> it's current state breaks the tei plugin for everybody else. When it
> is ready I will be glad to send it to the list but right now I need
> to have it working with a dirty hack (for example, no configuration
> options).

Why don't you then just modify the TEI plugin in your local Forrest
copy, and use 'ant local-deploy' to make your changes available to
Forrest? That way there's no need to a separate plugin location, it is
easy to wrap up your changes when you are ready to submit your
updates, and in the meantime your hacks are only visislbe to you:)

Best regards,
Sjur