forrest-user mailing list archives

From fanieste <fanie...@gmail.com>
Subject please help me with Chinese content problem
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 03:02:27 GMT
hi guys,

I'm using forrest to generate a site where most content is in Chinese.
I started at invoking "forrest seed-sample" to generate a template
project, then I edited index.xml in the xdocs directory to made some
Chinese content added, and ran "forrest site".

when I browsed the index.html within my browser, it showed me "????"
instead of the Chinese characters. I checked the index.html generated,
the Chinese Content was turned to "????", I mean It's not because of a
wrong http metadata setting. I also checked the index.pdf, there are
"#####"   at the corresponding positions.

I tried to run "forrest run". the http content provided by jetty is
right, but also problems in index.pdf still existed.

I'm so confused, could any body tell me how can I work it out. thanks
in advance.

-fanieste