forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <a name="xxx"> being added for @id
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:06:59 GMT
Dr. Bhatia Praveen wrote:
> Hello,
>   I need your expert advice on the following.
>   I use javaScript code via <script>....</script> inside xml file which
> would be rendered into html later.
>
>   I use a <input id="xxx"> element too.
>   I noticed that document-to-html.xsl recognizes @id and adds <a
> name="xxx"/> before the input element, because of which the
> document.getElementById("xxx") ends up getting the wrong element.

eh?
getElementById does what it says. It gets the element with a given id.
It shouldn't (can't?) return the anchor element with the name attribute.
Are you sure you diagnosed tho real problem?

>   To overcome the problem I commented out the <a name="xxx"> generation in
> document-to-html.xsl, which made the code work !
>   What are :
> 1) The consequences of this change to what forrest normally expects or does?

The most immediate side effect will be that table of contents and other
cross referencing will not work.

> 2) What could be a better workaround than the hack that I did?

Lets see if this really in the problem.

Ross