forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Kent Butler" <kbut...@englehomes.com>
Subject RE: How to read contents of a text fille
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:59:21 GMT
You don't want to use MS Word as your source file unless you're looking
for an advanced programming project, whether using DOC or RTF format.
Use a TXT file, if that's going to be your process.  You can use
anything to accomplish your task, really, but I would suggest Ant since
it can be scheduled and can perform string substitution and execute
external tasks such as a Forrest rebuild and an FTP if necessary. See
the Ant-Contrib project for useful Regex string substitution utilities
for Ant.

-----Original Message-----
From: manojm_singh [mailto:manojm_singh@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:03 AM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: How to read contents of a text fille

Hi all

I want to read a text file(say may b a MS word document) and put its
contents on the html page.
I have developed an intranet for my compny. But i want to display
"Thought Of The Day" in the home page. Those thoughts of the day will be
listed in a MS word document. SO i have to read one of them and put it
on the page. Can any body plz help me to do this?

Thanks in advance