forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Bhatia Praveen" <praveen.bha...@sumpurn.com>
Subject <a name="xxx"> being added for @id
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:10:43 GMT
Hello,
  I need your expert advice on the following.
  I use javaScript code via <script>....</script> inside xml file which
would be rendered into html later.

  I use a <input id="xxx"> element too.
  I noticed that document-to-html.xsl recognizes @id and adds <a
name="xxx"/> before the input element, because of which the
document.getElementById("xxx") ends up getting the wrong element.
  To overcome the problem I commented out the <a name="xxx"> generation in
document-to-html.xsl, which made the code work !
  What are :
1) The consequences of this change to what forrest normally expects or does?
2) What could be a better workaround than the hack that I did?

Praveen