forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help regarding RSS feed in forrest
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:39:35 GMT
manojm_singh wrote:
> Hi i am trying to include RSS feed in my website. But the explanation given
> in the apache forrest site is not clear. I am follwoing this..

This is a simple example. you may prefer to use the feeder plugin which
provides more flexible facilities for embedding RSS. See
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/

> Example: integrating external RSS content
> Similar to the previous example, we can integrate RSS into our site simply
> by providing a match in our project sitemap.xmap ...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>
>    <map:match pattern="**weblog.xml">
>     <map:generate src="http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/index.rss"/>
>     <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern=".......">
>     <!-- handle other project-specific matches -->
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>  </map:pipelines>
> </map:sitemap>
> You will probably want to copy the core Forrest rss2document.xsl to your
> project, customise it to your needs, and refer to it with
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl". Then of course you
> would add an entry to site.xml to link to weblog.html
>
> Here i not able to understand 2 things one is "<map:match
> pattern="**weblog.xml">" where will i keep this weblog.xml" file and how
> will i map this to "site.xml" as explained above(Then of course you would
> add an entry to site.xml to link to weblog.html ) .

It sounds like you need to start at the basics. In order to work with
sitemaps you need to understand the sitemap language. Start here
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/sitemap-explain.html

If you are still having problems after reading that then ask again.

However, it is worth noting that if you use the feeder plugin (see
above) then you don't need to touch the sitemap.

Ross