forrest-user mailing list archives

From manojm_singh <manojm_si...@hotmail.com>
Subject Need help regarding RSS feed in forrest
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:27:25 GMT

Hi i am trying to include RSS feed in my website. But the explanation given
in the apache forrest site is not clear. I am follwoing this..

Example: integrating external RSS content
Similar to the previous example, we can integrate RSS into our site simply
by providing a match in our project sitemap.xmap ...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
 <map:pipelines>
  <map:pipeline>

   <map:match pattern="**weblog.xml">
    <map:generate src="http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/index.rss"/>
    <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern=".......">
    <!-- handle other project-specific matches -->
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>
You will probably want to copy the core Forrest rss2document.xsl to your
project, customise it to your needs, and refer to it with
src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl". Then of course you
would add an entry to site.xml to link to weblog.html

Here i not able to understand 2 things one is "<map:match
pattern="**weblog.xml">" where will i keep this weblog.xml" file and how
will i map this to "site.xml" as explained above(Then of course you would
add an entry to site.xml to link to weblog.html ) .

i have a very simple site.xml attached with this.

Please guide me

Thanks in advance        http://www.nabble.com/file/p14917813/site.xml
site.xml