forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating Javascript / Namespaces
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:31:02 GMT
On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 16:41 +0100, Dieter Schicker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a recommended way for integrating javascript with forrest. I
> know that I can insert <script> tags and that they get interpreted. But
> I'm not happy with the fact that the document is no longer valid then.

The "normal" way to integrate jscript into forrest would be via a custom
skin since the script tags makes only sense in html. However, this is
quite cumbersome.

There is the dispatcher in the whiteboard that solves this problem very
nice since you add this script tags to the final output via a custom
contract. However details about the dispatcher we will answer on the dev
list.

> 2) Is it possible to "merge" other namespaces into a document V2.0
> namespace?

You can define your own dtd, yes that is possible.

You can as well provide your own implementation via the locationmap:
<!-- Forrest files                      -->
    <match pattern="forrest.schema.document-v20">
      <location src="{YOUR_LOCATION}/document-v20.dtd" />
    </match>

salu2