forrest-user mailing list archives

From EMMEL Thomas <thomas.em...@3ds.com>
Subject Re: Need help on patching forrest
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:53:41 GMT
Thorsten,

Fine, at least I have a starting point, however the documenation is very
confusing in this area for a beginner in XSL, Cocoon etc....

I have some small annotations/questions;
Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 09:49 +0100, EMMEL Thomas wrote:
>>
>> My questions are:
>> 1. How can I avoid to make changes always in the installation of forrest?
>> Can I use a project-specific local html-to-document.xsl-file instead?
>>

> Yes, you can. http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/locationmap.html
>

> In your project locationmap you need to implement the match
> <match pattern="transform.html.document"> and point to your custom
> implementation.

In the project locationmap.xml this is working:

<match pattern="transform.html.document">
   <location
src="{properties:skins-dir}/../resources/stylesheets/html-to-document.xsl"/>
</match>

but this not:

<match pattern="transform.html.document">
   <location
src="{properties:stylesheets-dir}/html-to-document.xsl"/>
</match>

which should be the same, however the variables used here are somewhat
different from those used in forrest.properties.
Is there a document from which one can see where a variable is valid and
how to call it?

>> 2. Is the way I have done it the preferable way?
>> Normally if writing code (python for me) I would prefere to write a
>> function since the core choose-function is repeated twice here.
>
> I have to admit that the 2 choose functions seem to do exactly the same.

(..)

>> 3. In addition, since this problem will reappear for a lot of elements
>> again and again a more general solution could be better! Any hints?
>>

> Not sure what you mean.

The same can happen for <ol>-elements etc. Thus adding a more general
'functions' to be called from each of these elements wold be nice.
Again, excuse me for these questions since I am starting with XSL...

>> 4. As I have several of these changes and some improvements done here it
>> would be nice if I could provide these to the main trunk.
>> How should I proceed?
>>

> http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
>
> HTH

I will see what I can do!