forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Gwangho E" <e.gwan...@gmail.com>
Subject encoding problem
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:54:36 GMT
Hi,

I have just started to use forrest 0.8 on Japanese version of Windows Vista.
When I render my xml pages(saved in UTF-8) by 'forrest run',
everything goes well.
But, rendering those same xml pages by 'forrest site' creates
unreadable HTML files
in which Japanese characters were encoded incorrectly.

When I saved all xml files in 'Shift_JIS' and changed the related line
of the sitemap.xmap
as follows,

      <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
        <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
        <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd</doctype-system>
        <encoding>Shift_JIS</encoding>
      </map:serializer>

both of 'forrest run' and 'forrest site'  created correct HTML files
in Shift_JIS encoding.

Is there anyone who knows what made the differece of rendered results
between by 'forrest run' and by 'forrest site' in processing UTF-8 xml files?
Thanks.

--
E Gwangho