forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skin directory copied unconditionally to static site build
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:10:42 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> Forresters,
>
> I noticed that when I rebuild my static site with Forrest 0.8, the
> "skin" directory seems to be copied unconditionally to the build/site/
> directory.  This means that, because the local files have been
> rewritten and consequently have newer modification times than the
> remote files, skin/ is uploaded each time I use lftp's reverse mirror
> function to publish changes to my public Web site, even if nothing in
> the skin has changed.
>
> Can the Ant target that copies the non-generated content to
> build/site/ be changed to only copy files (including skin files) if
> the source file has changed?

I see no problem with that, but it would need testing thoroughly. If you
do this testing on your own site and provide a patch we'd be happy to
apply it.

without looking at our build file (forrest.build.xml) I think the
copying of resources is done by the Ant Copy command, see
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html

Ross