forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto exclude a subtree in pdf generation?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:34:04 GMT
EMMEL Thomas wrote:
> Just one additional note:
> I tracked that down to a lot of
> <a name="123456"></a> lines in my output of doxygen.
> This will end in cocoon-errors like
>
> internal-destination or external-destination must be specified in
> basic-link
>
> from fo:
>
> <fo:basic-link external-destination="" text-decoration="underline"
> color="#0F3660"/>
>
> Although I cannot prevent as far as I see to let doxygen create this
> it is still an option for me to exculde the whole tree from wholesite.pdf.

There is no *really* easy way to exclude a single section from
wholesite. That functionality is to provide, well, the whole site.

There are a few approaches you can take:

- Use a tab to define the docs you want in the aggregate PDF [1]

- add your own custom aggregate matcher to your project xmap based on
the current wholesite.xml matcher in sitemap.xmap (which delegates to
aggregate.xmap). What you need to do is add a new transformation step
after the aggregation. This new transformation needs to remove the bit
you don't want. I'd put it between the following two transformations:

<map:transform src="{lm:transform-aggregate.book.cinclude}">
   <map:parameter name="ignore" value="{1}"/>
   <map:parameter name="title" value="{conf:project-name}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:transform type="cinclude"/>

- Create a master document that uses XInclude each of the docs you want
in the aggregate (would need to manually maintain the inclusion list)

With respect to your problem with empty <a> elements, this could be
solved in main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document-to-fo.xsl - either
strip the empty anchors or add a space when it is empty.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/howto/howto-pdf-tab.html