forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbies questions on PDF generation
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:23:19 GMT
Esther Mietzsch wrote:
>> What do you mean "a broken link"? What is reported?
>>
>> Do you have a custom sitemap, if you do then please post relevant
>> customisations here.
>>
>> If you have no customisations then it is probably that there is an error
>> somewhere in your site that is preventing the wholesite being generated.
>>
>> If you do a "forrest site" does it build successfully?
>
> Hi again,
> I just added into my site.xml:
>
> <all label="All">
>     <whole_site_html label="Whole Site HTML" href="wholesite.html"/>
>     <whole_site_pdf label="Whole Site PDF" href="wholesite.pdf"/>
>   </all>
>
> Then I did a "forrest site" and got the following broken-links.xml:
>
> <broken-links>
>   <link message="No flow in page-sequence" uri="wholesite.pdf">
>     <referrer uri="linkmap.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="tables/index.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="index.html"/>
>   </link>
>   <link message=" 'my site directory'
> /src/documentation/content/xdocs/.xml (No such file or directory)"
> uri="wholesite.html">
>     <referrer uri="linkmap.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="tables/index.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="index.html"/>
>   </link>
> </broken-links>
>
> Obviously, I miss something.

You appear to have invalid links somewhere in your site. Without knowing
the exact structure of your site it is difficult to tell where but the
clue is:

"/src/documentation/content/xdocs/.xml"

Note there is no filename here. This indicates that somehwere in your
source you have something like:

Note there is no filename.

Ross