forrest-user mailing list archives

From Esther Mietzsch <emietz...@saveip.de>
Subject Re: Newbies questions on PDF generation
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:06:36 GMT
Hi,
> Esther Mietzsch wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > in my forrest project, I came across two more questions.
> >
> > 1. My png image does not show up in the PDF file. I performed the Jimi
> > installation as described in the FAQ, but this did not help. What did I
> > miss?
>
> That's really difficult to say without knowing more details. What does
> your build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/core.log say?
Thanks. This was helpful. I realized that

1. The JimiProClasses.zip file must be renamed into jimi-1.0.jar. Sorry,
my mistake. I just put the file in a directory with this name. At the
mentioned location of course. Perhaps this should be mentioned clarly in
the doc.

2. images for PDF files should go into resources/images and not into content/xdocs/images.
Now my image is displayed nicely.
> > 2. I would like to generate a whole-site PDF. Again, I did what is
> > suggested in the FAQ, but this produces only the link, but not the
> > document itself. Again, what did I miss?
>
> Requesting http://localhost:8888/wholesite.pdf works for me.
I get a broken link! There must be something with sitemap.xmap?
> I'm not sure what you mean "only produces the link".
I have the link in the tab, but forrest complains about a broken link.
I now switched to the description in "How to create a PDF document for each tab", and am making
progress.
I will describe my steps when I'm done, or ask again.

> > As an incentive, I promise to carefully document anything successful, so
> > it could be integrated into the forrest documentation.
>
> That is the best incentive you can give. Documentation (as you are
> finding) is nearly always the weakest link in the open source chain, yet
> it is also the thing newcomers are most able to improve (with help from
> those less new).
>
> Ross
Sorry for starting new and not simply pressing the reply button, but I have some problems
with my mail account.
Thanks
Esther