forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about simple formatting changes
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:24:10 GMT
Paterline, David L. wrote:
> I'd like to "tweak" the appearance of some text in small ways, such as:

If they are minor tweaks that can be done by CSS then simply add the
necessary CSS to skinconf.xml (see extra-css element).

Alternatively, if you find you are making a great many changes, create
your own skin http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/your-project.html#skins

> - creating nested, indented "lists" without the appearance of numbers
> (ordered list) or bullets or other markers (unordered list) on each list
> item; something like:

Use <ul> and add CSS to prevent the bullet being displayed. If you need
lists with bullets as well as without then us <ul class="noBullet"> and
add CSS accordingly.

> In some cases, I may want to make these appearance changes site-wide, and in
> other cases, I may want to make the changes apply only to certain pages.

Using skins it is only possible to do this on a sitewide basis.

Using dispatcher it is possible to do it on a per directory or per file
basis. However, the dispatcher is currently whiteboard code. It is in
the 0.8 release, but only as whiteboard (or alpha) code. If you want to
switch to using dispatcher then you want to see
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/how/howto-dispatcher-quickstart.html

Ross