forrest-user mailing list archives

From llamar burgess <lla...@kraftfeld.org>
Subject Re: multiple projects in single forrest instance
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:24:33 GMT
Ross Gardler schrieb:

> Unfortunately, this is the only way to do it at present. Cocoon has
> the ability to mount sub-sitemaps. It would certainly be possible to
> do what you want to do, but the best place to get help is on the
> Cocoon lists (you could try our dev list first as we do have plenty of
> Cocoon people here). It would be great to work with you to implement
> this feature and put it in the next release.
>
> However, I urge you to consider whether you really need to host
> dynamically. Forrest is designed to make static sites. There are very
> few out of the box features that require dynamic hosting.

> The limitation is having sub-sites within a single content object
> where each site has a different configuration. The Dispatcher in
> whiteboard goes a long way to solving this problem of course.
>
> There is no practical reason why a single servlet engine could not
> have multiple content objects, each with its own sitemap, skinconf,
> tab and site files. But as observed above this currently requires
> multiple instances of Cocoon to be running in your servlet engine.
>
> Ross

Ok. For now i need a working solution rather quick, so it seems i have
to go for the 3 seperate cocoon instances.
I have a feeling this might cause trouble, so maybe I will move this to
the dev-list later.
I just hoped that this feature would have already been implemented when
i read this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest-dev/200508.mbox/%3C42EF99C6.4000106@peppersauce.org%3E
And i still think it would be a valueable feature.

Thank you very much for your help.

best regards
llamar