forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbies questions on PDF generation
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:38:13 GMT
Esther Mietzsch wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> in my forrest project, I came across two more questions.
>
> 1. My png image does not show up in the PDF file. I performed the Jimi
> installation as described in the FAQ, but this did not help. What did I
> miss?

That's really difficult to say without knowing more details. What does
your build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/core.log say?

> 2. I would like to generate a whole-site PDF. Again, I did what is
> suggested in the FAQ, but this produces only the link, but not the
> document itself. Again, what did I miss?

Requesting http://localhost:8888/wholesite.pdf works for me.

I'm not sure what you mean "only produces the link".

> As an incentive, I promise to carefully document anything successful, so
> it could be integrated into the forrest documentation.

That is the best incentive you can give. Documentation (as you are
finding) is nearly always the weakest link in the open source chain, yet
it is also the thing newcomers are most able to improve (with help from
those less new).

Ross