forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tracking changes on my project
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:30:57 GMT
dashmz wrote:
> Hello,
> I am responsible for the documentation of a new software project and of
> course I am using Apache Forrest for it. Now I am looking for a special
> feature: Is there a way to track the changes between different versions
> of the documentation? So that the all people who are involved in the
> project can easily look up what has changed since the last release.

No. there is the projectInfo plugin that generates changes lists:

Manual tracking:
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/docs/user/useCases/changeLogFeatures.html

Automated tracking: some support of changelog from SVN -
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/index.html#SVN+Changes

There is no support for displaying diffs between documents. This could
be easily achieved though. Install something like viewSVN and have
Forrest retrieve the diff rendering from there and skin it
appropriately. If you want to go this route we can help guide you here.

Alternatively you could write a generator (but look to see if Cocoon has
one already) and use that, via a plugin, to create your diffs and render
them. If you want to go this route, the join us on the dev list.

Ross