forrest-user mailing list archives

From kraftfeld <m...@kraftfeld.org>
Subject Re: multiple projects in single forrest instance
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:10:34 GMT
Ross Gardler schrieb:
> llamar burgess wrote:
>> lo,
>>
>> working with forrest in "webapp" mode, i would like to set up
>> multiple 'projects' served by a single forrest instance. I was not
>> able to find too much information about this. I suppose it can be
>> done, maybe someone could give me some hints how or where to find
>> further information.
>
> "forrest war" will generate a war file for you. Drop that into your
> chosen container and off you go.
>
> BUT I've never tried it and expect there will be some issues with
> configuring the path correctly when generating links. let us know what
> problems you encounter and we'll help work through them (assuming you
> searched the user archives before asking)
>
> Ross

hello ross,

i think i made myself not quite clear, sorry. I already run an instance
of forrest in a tomcat servlet container - works just fine by now.
What i want is, that under this instance of forrest/cocoon various
'projects' are served. These projects should have theire own sitemap,
skinconf, tab and site files while sharing cocoon xconf, jars etc..

If i cant get this to run, i would be forced to run at least 3 forrest
(cocoon) webapps simultanously. That is what i try to avoid to safe
ressources at my server.

thx
llamar