forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Brolin Empey" <brolin.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: generate only pages changed since last static site build?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:58:09 GMT
Tim:

The Cocoon checksum feature sounds like it may work.  I will try it
when I return to work and will let you know the results.

Patrick:

I cannot use rsync because I have access to the remote host only via
FTP, not SSH.  I could use curlftpfs, but I seem to remember not
having good results with using rsync on a curlftpfs mounted file
system.

With the help of this list, I hacked the pelt skin to disable the
"last published" date and insert the Subversion $Id$ keyword in its
place.  This way, the reader (Web site visitor) can see when the last
change to the page they are reading was committed.  I have been
intending to get this change committed to the Forrest SVN repository,
but have not yet got there.  The revision ID in my hacked pelt skin is
taken from the result of the SVN keyword substitution of the $Id$
keyword in a metadata property in the head section of the source XDocs
file.  This means that any version control system with support for
keyword substitution can be used, not only SVN.

Thanks,
Brolin