forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using XInclude with Forrest 0.8 -- DTD validation problem
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:56:56 GMT
On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 15:42 -0700, Brolin Empey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent the message below to Jim Dixon on Friday, but have not yet
> received a reply.  I am resending the message to this list in order to
> reach a larger audience.

Actually this header distracted my attention.

Communication should go to the appropriate mailing list, like said we
are all busy (normally not all at the same time), so always write to the
mailing and even better answer the corresponding thread if possible.

> --
>
> Jim,
>
> I want to use XInclude with Forrest 0.8.  My Forrest site was created
> (seeded) with Forrest 0.7, then later upgraded to Forrest 0.8.
>
> I found your post:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg02344.html
>
> This post is from before Forrest 0.8 was released.
>
> I am trying to use your DTD file from this post, but Forrest fails to
> validate your DTD file:
>
> validate-xdocs:
> /home/brolin/WEB/techsol.ca/forrest/src/documentation/resources/schema/document-v20-jd.dtd:11:52:
> The attribute name must be specified in the attribute-list declaration
> for element "document".

If you read Jims mail you find:

<!ATTLIST xi:include
  parse     (text|xml)  "xml"
  href      CDATA       #REQUIRED
  encoding  CDATA       #IMPLIED

Your error says:
"...attribute name must be specified in
the attribute-list declaration..."

The above does not specify it.

Try:
<!ATTLIST xi:include
  parse     (text|xml)  "xml"
  href      CDATA       #REQUIRED
  encoding  CDATA       #IMPLIED
  name  CDATA       #IMPLIED

HTH, however a @name attribute is new for me for x:include.

> I added a comment (2 lines) and a blank line to the top of
> document-v20-jd.dtd, so line 4 of my file is line 1 of the file in
> your post.

> How can I get Forrest 0.8 to validate document-v20-jd.dtd?
>
> I do not know too much about SGML and XML, so I am hoping you can help me.

What are you trying to include? SGML in a doc-20? That will never
validate against doc-v20.

salu2