forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stop PDF Summary...
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:05:55 GMT
On 18/06/07, Patrick Ohly <Patrick.Ohly@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 09:09 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Can you please submit patches via our issue tracker [1].
>
> Okay, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-355#action_12505910

Great stuff, thanks. Now someone will certainly apply your
modification as soon as they have time.

> > With respect to your question, if disable-toc is not present in the
> > skinconf.xml file is it not set and so your test against it will
> > always resolve to true:
> >
> > <xsl:if test="$disable-toc != 'true' and $toc-max-depth > 0">
>
> If that expression was true for an unset disable-toc, I would get the
> TOC as desired, but it seems to evaluate to false although
> "$disable-toc" is not equal to 'true'.

Ah, yes, of course. Rushing with my replies again. One would expect
the above to work if the node was empty.

> > The way around this is to add the disable-toc parameter to the default skinconf.
>
> I agree that this make sense, but I don't like to force users to update
> their skinconf to preserve the behavior they are used to.

Quite right. Again I was rushing. We have an override mechanism for
forrest.properties, but not for skinconf.xml. In other words we have a
default.forrest.properties, but not a default.skinconf.xml.

> I found that
> by adding string() like this I get the desired behavior:
>   <xsl:variable name="disable-toc" select="string(//skinconfig/pdf/disable-toc)"/>

Good to know. Thanks.

Ross