forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken linkmap.pdf
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:36:58 GMT
[Please use inline commenting - it makes the archives much more useful
to people who come after us]

On 01/06/07, Steve Odlind <SOdlind@omniture.com> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that I am using a custom DTD. If I change the
> DOCTYPE in the source XML file to point to the Apache Forrest
> document-v20.dtd (rather than my own custom DTD) and remove "a" from the
> "link" template, then the <a> elements are indeed converted to <link>
> elements in the internal XML file.
>
> When the DOCTYPE of the source XML file points to my own custom DTD, and
> I add "a" to the "link" template, the "basic-link" elements in the .fo
> file do contain the appropriate
> "internal-destination"/"external-destination" attribute. So it seems to
> be a spurious error message.

In my experience these errors are on spat out in the case of genuine
errors. I suspect you missed something in your fo file that was empty.

> Any ideas what to try next?

You say you are using a custom DTD, so you should have a
transformation converting your source format to XDoc. I'm guessing you
don't have such a thing and this is why you see errors. If you do have
such a transformation then it's output is not a valid XDoc - perhaps
you are missing the doctype declaration?

Ross